Saturday 25 October 2014


The Ego is sneaky. Its obvious game is an egocentric one. Hurtful actions and selfish moves. Then again, it may also convince me that I'm acting from the freedom of Soul, even when I'm not. The Ego may sacrifice the beauty of who I am in order to give, all to feel worthy. The Ego may do a lot of good, create great things, entertain, lead and make peace, and it is still not an act of freedom. It is a way to avoid feeling something. The snarls of Ego are many and the only way to know my inner truth, is to fully open. To allow games, strategies, hurt, pain and/or anger to come forth, and then see what remains in its wake.
 
The Soul can do all of the above, but without being attached to the outcome. The Soul is happy to fully shine and will celebrate others as they do the same, without an agenda or condition in place. The power of Soul will love, unconditionally and fully. Honesty is spoken, but with no need. Integrity comes naturally. A sense of being fully here, each moment of every day, is a sign of living a life from Soul. 

On the outside things may not differ a great deal, but on the inside it will. And ultimately many things will change. Because to live a life from Soul, with the Ego as a passenger rather than the driver, it is (to me) a life of uttermost freedom. The Ego will be there, say it's piece at times, but with awareness I can see and penetrate the game quite soon. Gently I move back to the truth of who I am. The Ego needs my love, but not my attention. The Ego has to be there, but will no longer drive.

And so the journey continues...


No comments:

Post a Comment