Monday 16 June 2014

All feelings are what they are but one emotion I've struggled to deal with, is guilt. Yes, for various reasons guilt has been a big issue for me in life. Therefore I've been forced to learn about it. Accept it. Heal it. Move on and let go. It used to consume me, totally and utterly. It did so without me knowing, too, which is the sad part. Now when guilt arises I process what I feel and quite soon it leaves my body and being. Still hurts, though. Still feels awful, but only for a moment. See, I know better now. I experience guilt as a poison, tearing on the insides with its sharp claws, preventing my heart from receiving, making me feel like I owe the world something. What a lie. And over the course of my life "tests" have emerged accordingly. In fact, the latest one came my way today. From a place of deep awareness, when someone put that pressure on me, when a person makes me feel like I owe them something (when I don't) I just know it's their stuff now and not mine. True generosity comes from the heart. It flourishes from an unconditional place free of any demands. Nowhere else. Gifts ought to be honored, not craved. I like to give, but not at the cost of my own energy. I like to reside in my heart - live, receive and give from there, always and forever - but I'm still learning. I still make mistakes but the good thing is, I never do it for long. I never get stuck there. Not like I used to. 
This is part of being free for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment