Thursday 24 July 2014

Frost spreading on the ground outside my window. Glistering like diamonds. Morning light, touching the surface with gentle winter rays. About to make coffee. Feeling my limbs. Kids off in different direction. Only the girl's on the couch. Cartoons on TV. Spots nearly healed. Celebrating. Chicken pox ticked off. Cat curled up, like a fluffy pillow on the chair opposite me. Dog by my side, seeking my touch; paws in the air, soft nose against my skin, eyes of devotion meeting mine. But I look outside. The sky is blue in places, but bulky clouds seem to take over. The sun is quietly ruling. A tail is wagging when I move my hand. The voices of a silly story and the tune of clothes tumbling in the wash machine, is all I hear. Where was I? Oh, yeah. Coffee.
It's Friday, and I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment