Wednesday 9 March 2016

I understand that we have our individual obstacles to overcome in life. Somehow we seem to come in with particular issues to master and they are reinforced and repeated until we do so. 

One challenge for me personally is to say no, set boundaries and be clear. Therefore I have often attracted people who push my boundaries, use me even, which is never a pleasant thing. I've learned a lot around this already and I'm proud to say that I've come a long way in this regard. Then again, there's more. 

Money is always a touchy subject and the other day I asked someone for money back. An old loan, not addressed for years due to this person's inability to pay me. She failed to fulfil our initial agreement due to lack of funds and I didn't want to be pushy at the time. Then suddenly both our situations have changed. We, our family, have to be more careful with finances now. Having our new place, with three growing kids, horses, chickens, gardens, land and all, it means that things are a little tougher financially. We're not in a crises, but need to watch our spending and be smart with our money. The other change is that I know for a fact that this person has funds now. Surprised that this wasn't addressed her end I decided to ring her, but paying me back was quite clearly not a priority of hers. When I asked I was met with bitterness, blame and frustration. 

Waow. It hurt. I'm disappointed. Well, call me naive, but I have quite high morals when it comes to promises and agreements. I know I will be paid this money, which I should have been years back, but I may loose a friend. I feel taken for granted and hope this is not the case, of course, but we'll see. Still, I have to stand up for myself. If someone doesn't respect me better, I guess it wasn't a true friendship anyway. 

To me money is energy and this energy has to flow in and out in the correct way. To honor our word shows character and self-respect, which is more essential than money itself. 

This is what I'm cultivating right now, sort of the hard way.

Happy Thursday everyone! Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment